Friday was a full day of driving across the mid-west.
10:45 AM - Left the Holiday City, OH Ramada Inn. We ate venison jerky (yummy thank you Daddy) for breakfast while we drove. I took the first driving shift.
11:00 AM - INDIANA!
1:15 PM - ILLINOIS!
12: 40 PM - Pit-stop for gas and pizza in Mokena, IL. No, we didn't travel back in time, we just crossed into the Central time zone.
1:40 PM - Finally made it to Joliet, IL. This is where we were supposed to stay the previous night.
3:50 PM - IOWA!
6:15 PM - Pit-stop at a Pilot in What Cheer, Iowa. Nick takes over driving.
8:25 PM - Driving through Omaha, NE. The crescent Moon, Venus and Jupiter look amazing tonight. They're so bright. And as the moon sets it gets bigger and redder. I wish we were better at low light photography!
9:16 PM - Made it the Lincoln, NE Motel 6. It's been a long day of driving. I settle into the room with the pups while Nick heads out to find us some dinner. Everyone is asleep by 10:30pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment