Friday, February 24, 2012

An Empty Pantry

Wednesday was moving day.  After a lot of handwork, mostly by Nick and his mom Sue, our belongings were packed up, moved out and the apartment was clean.  So the adventure began!

Of course moving out wasn't that simple.  We had more stuff than the moving company gave us a quote for. There was serious concern that all of our belongings would not fit on the truck.  But they did! Well, except for the Shop-Vac and bin of random belongings.

The saddest part about leaving the apartment is the empty pantry.  I loved that pantry.  It made me so happy to walk in and see the shelves full of grains, canned goods and baking supplies.  Nick says, one day when we have our own house,  he will build me a bright happy pantry with beautiful wooden shelves and cabinetry.  I can't wait.


I left the apartment around 11am so I could get home and spend some time with my family before we left the East Coast.  I got home around 4pm and spent some good quality time with my folks and Kristy.  Nick had a lot left to do in Boston, so he didn't make it out until 1:30 AM.  He had a very long, tiring day.  

We both slept in Thursday morning.  My dad made us delicious french toast when we got up.  Oh man it is the best french toast in the world.  I mean, look at this, aren't you drooling?



Who needs a pantry in Boston when you have a Dad who make you a breakfast like this?  I think we will need to fly back to Syracuse, frequently.

2 comments:

  1. P.S.
    Thank you to Sue, Mary Ann, Sandy and everyone else that helped us move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will wager that the place you left was cleaner than when you arrived.... I'm just sayin'.....

    Good luck on your journey.... I'm very proud of both of you and your decision to step out on your own so far away from home(s)... I'm sure that weighed heavily on your minds.

    Know that I'm already checking into the process to get thru the Panama Canal ;-)

    ReplyDelete